Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Space Center Houston - Treasue exhibit

"Your hunt for fun has just begun at Space Center Houston with an exciting all new exhibit called Treasure!

This hands on exhibit features seven thematic areas that explore the unique history of treasures and treasure hunting, including mysterious underwater treasure, old treasures in the attic, Pirates’ buried treasure, gold rushes, the modern treasure hunt and more!

With interactive hands on activities, guests will be able to try the tools of a real treasure hunter, embark on a special adventure to find a hidden treasure chest, and will ultimately answer the question, what do you treasure?"

------------------------------------------------------

We went to Space Center Houston on this day during the boy's Spring Break. In their Treasure exhibit, they had a display of Geocaching! If you click on the pictures, you should be able to read the words on the plaques. I was hoping to get in some geocaching while we were in this area but we ran out of time. Space Center Houston is always a great time and I highly recommend taking your kids there.







And I did look for this while there -

"Attention Visitors to Space Center Houston: There are Travel Bugs to be found and/or discovered there.

I found this geocache on Thursday, February 19. I was in town to install the Treasure! exhibit at Space Center Houston. I intended to drop two TBs in this cache and two in the exhibit. I forgot to bring them when I went for this hunt and then had to catch my flight home. So, if you go to the exhibit, look for the geocache. Inside the geocache are two TBs that you may 'discover'. For one lucky person, there are also two TBs hidden under the large fern right behind the cache. (Yes, this is indoors. The fern is fake.) Please take those two TBs. One TB is wearing the other TB on its head."


But I was looking in the fern to the left and to the right of the geocache box. I didn't look (or feel) right behind it. :-(

No comments: